Monday, March 1, 2010

Apple Computer Found Child Labor

I read an article this morning and posted that on my twitter account about how Apple Computer found that three of its suppliers used children in its labor force. Of course, Apple released a statement that they are not happy with these suppliers, for good reason.

I understand the need for companies to use global suppliers. I also understand the difficulty that corporations have in ensuring that their suppliers adhere to their statements of conduct when outsourcing. I guess the question becomes, how do corporations ensure that they only use suppliers that follow the law. The suppliers in questions had regulations that only allowed for those who are 16 and above to be employed by them, but there were 15 year olds working in their facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment